It's #MeetMeMonday, a day where we introduce you to the amazing people who are changing lives and making a difference at the YES House. Today we'd like you to meet Tatyana Walker, a fun mom to two who keeps busy with her five pets: two quails, two chickens and one aquatic frog!
Tatyana has worked at YES House for nearly 22 years as the Development Director.
We asked her what some of her favorite things about the YES House are.
"I love our caring and supportive staff. Working at the Y.E.S. House is a job of the investor. Each staff invests a complex mixture of time, energy, skills, and creativity in each youth. The payoff is unknown. Sometimes it is a short turn around, sometimes it is years before they see the results of their investment in a youth. Staff are committed to every youth.” Tatyana also says the Y.E.S. House is like a grandfather clock with so many different moving parts. Every part has to perform in order for the complex operation to work. 100 employees and 1,400 youth served annually.
Thank you, Tatyana, for making a difference!
... See MoreSee Less
4 days ago
The YES House has the following open position:
The Director of Residential Programs is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of the Boys & Girls Residential Treatment, Crisis Shelter and Group Home. Ensures the Agency’s mission and goals are put into practice in day to day operations of programs.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field. Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in youth services. Combination of education and experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with coordinators and directors to ensure consistency with policies and procedures, applying Supervision for Success and disciplinary procedures when necessary.
• Review client referrals, collaborating with Education, Therapy and Programs to make recommendation on acceptance.
• Review and send critical incidents, implementing corrective actions when necessary.
• Review incident reports and provide training and/or guidance to agency staff.
• Attend Director, Coordinator, safety meetings, Employee Appreciation Committee meetings, periodically attend staff meetings and additional meetings as needed.
• Chair safety committee, compile reports, review statistics, document monthly minutes.
• Participate in Y.E.S. House fundraising events with YES House staff members.
• Assist in planning and facilitation of the Y.E.S. House Strategic Plan. Implement and accomplish the goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan and generate reports.
• Ensure adherence to CARF standards and practices. Write policy, conduct quality assurance checks, review services, business practices, develop reports.
• Ensure federal and state compliance related to employment practices.
• Responsible for overseeing YES House Staff in meeting all licensing, certifying and accreditation standards and meeting with personnel as site visits are conducted. Respond to corrections or recommendations that are suggested by the visiting agency.
• Supervise, train and coach Residential Program Coordinators providing leadership and support to ensure that programs provide quality services to clients, families and stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work closely with other agency departments and outside agencies
• Advanced interpersonal, time management and organization skills
• Advanced computer skills: able to learn complex software related to electronic records.
• High-level of problem-solving skills
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to change as the job changes.
Hiring range: $70,862-$88,578
... See MoreSee Less
1 week ago
The YES House has the following position open: Facilities Maintenance Manager
This position will conduct, plan and implement the comprehensive facilities and grounds maintenance. Planning, bidding and conducting upgrades and remodeling to include all of the Y.E.S. Inc. Facilities, Grounds, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Landscaping, vehicle fleet needs for the agency.
Preference may be given to applicants with any combination of the following:
• Certification, degree, license in the trades
• Facilities management-related training and credentials
• Building trades-related project management training or certification.
• Experience working in a public or private sector organization in a facilities management environment.
• 5 or more years of direct experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
• Experience operating and monitoring Building Automation System (BAS) programs.
• Construction and facility repair, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Landscape, Irrigation knowledge, skills and experience.
• Excellent time management, problem-solving and planning skills.
• Effective communication skills; verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in project management including the use of computer software, electronic records system.
• Ability to work in a team environment and be self-directed.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments, assess agency needs and provide solutions.
• Availability to be on-call and address needs on evenings and weekends as needed.
• Can resolve conflict effectively, can communicate with staff with limited knowledge and understanding of maintenance, effectively managing frustration and stress.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform routine vehicle inspections, maintenance and planning and implementing a vehicle replacement plan.
Job Duties: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
• Manages maintenance employees and student workers, working with them to perform daily and long-range maintenance tasks related to facilities, grounds, irrigation, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing.
• Able to meet the physical demands of maintenance tasks including lifting, standing, walking, shoveling, mowing, operating equipment.
• Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to schedule planned and unplanned maintenance activities and complete work orders.
• Schedules projects, allocates resources, works within budget and ensure value pricing.
• Prepares reports and provides input into the annual maintenance budget and strategically plan for maintenance needs.
• Provides project cost estimates, develops scopes of work, conducts and oversees repair and replacement projects.
• Oversees building trades-related contract services when it is outside the scope of what our staff and maintenance department is able to provide.
• Works closely with engineers, architects, contractors on design criteria for building systems' major maintenance projects to ensure projects are completed on-time, on-budget and reporting requirements are met.
• Ensures that project designs integrate into existing facilities and building systems.
• Conduct routine vehicle, grounds and building inspections. Conduct routine and planned maintenance on all systems, buidings, and equipment.
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in at least three of, and any combination of the following areas:
• Knowledge of facilities management concepts and strategies.
• Knowledge of maintenance work order software applications.
• Knowledge of and direct experience working with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing trades in a construction or maintenance environment.
• Knowledge and skills including sheetrock repair, painting, carpet instillation and repair.
• Knowledge of asset management programs, software applications, and data collection.
• Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements for working in all building trades.
• Knowledge of building condition audit and inspection activities.
• Knowledge of building system maintenance and repair project management.
• Knowledge of Building Automated temperature control Systems (BAS).
• Knowledge of wet and dry fire suppression systems, alarm systems, and delayed egress.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Operating plow truck and 4-wheeler, shoveling, salting
• Operating lawn mowers, digging to repair irrigation leaks and replacing sprinkler heads
• Climbing ladders on an occasional to regular basis, replacing lights, changing filters
• Lifting/grasping up to 50 pounds without assistance regularly
• Walking/standing on cement floors regularly
• Walking up and down stairs regularly
• Balancing on uneven ground an occasional basis
• Stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching regularly
• Crawling on an occasional basis
• Pushing/pulling/reaching regularly
• Speaking/hearing/typing frequently
• Perform maintenance on equipment that may not be visible and would require being completed by feel or touch on an occasional basis
• The visual ability to operate machinery and perform mechanical or skilled trades duties
• The visual ability to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
• Sitting for extended periods of time while operating a desktop or laptop computer.
• Driving motor vehicles to work locations, purchase supplies
Hiring Range: $48,189-$60,237
... See MoreSee Less
1 week ago